This Open Discussion night will also be the Christmas Potluck and will start at 6:00.
It will be a casual night with low key discussion ideas:
- What is the value of the Holiday Season?
- Why do atheists celebrate Christmas?
- Why do parents continue the myth of Santa?
- Is there any harm in allowing children to believe in Santa?
- What Christmas traditions did you grow up with?
- What was your most important memory about Christmas?
- What do you see as the difference between Christmas when you were young and how they celebrate Christmas now?
- How can we improve on the commercialization of the Holiday Season?
Dishes should be easy to manage appetizers/finger foods and your favourite drink of choice. That way we can nibble and drink throughout the evening.
We will also have a White Elephant gift exchange. If you contribute a wrapped used gift (something inexpensive that you were planning to get rid of) we will draw numbers out of a hat to see who gets to pick from the pile first. Player #1 chooses and unwraps a gift, then shows it to everyone else. Player #2 then either “steals” that present or picks and unwraps another one from the pile. Player #3 can then steal either gift, or choose and unwrap another, and so on. Any player whose gift is stolen gets to pick again. The game continues until everyone has a gift.
This will be the last Open Discussion Night until further notice.
For more event details: